Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date in cell to update upon Pivot Table refresh

I would like to have a cell in my sheet update to the current date each
time data is refreshed in a pivot table. It would also be wonderful if
the same thing could be done for a chart as part of the title. Are any
of these possible with code? Thanks!

--
chris46521
chris46521's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35909

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you could use the "Workbook_SheetPivotTableUpdate" or th
"Worksheet_PivotTableUpdate" event to place the current date in
particular cell each time the pivot table updates

--
Excelenato

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3676
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57224

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your response! Do you know what code I might use to make that
work? I am not that familiar with VBA. Thanks again.

Excelenator Wrote:
you could use the "Workbook_SheetPivotTableUpdate" or the
"Worksheet_PivotTableUpdate" event to place the current date in a
particular cell each time the pivot table updates.

--
chris46521
chris46521's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35909
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572248

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use something like this if you want the current date time i
cell A1 when the pivot table updates. Remember to format cell A1 wit
the date time format you want.

Code
-------------------
Sub Workbook_SheetPivotTableUpdate()
Range(A1).Value = NOW()
End Su
-------------------

chris46521 Wrote:
Thanks for your response! Do you know what code I might use to make tha
work? I am not that familiar with VBA. Thanks again

--
Excelenato

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3676
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57224

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you!

Excelenator Wrote:
You could use something like this if you want the current date time in
cell A1 when the pivot table updates. Remember to format cell A1 with
the date time format you want.

Code:
Sub Worksheet_PivotTableUpdate()

Range(A1).Value = NOW()