Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting up Conditional Formatting in VBA

I'm trying to set up conditional formatting for a range in my VBA code, but
I'm not having any luck. Is conditional format setup only available from the
user interface menu? I see that there's a ConditionalFormats collection as
well as a ConditionalFormat object that I can create and add to a collection,
but how do I define the formula for the conditional format? If I do it on the
UI menu, I would use "Formula Is" and some formula. However, I'd like to do
this in my VBA code. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
--
Bruce J. Baumann
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JK JK is offline

Bruce,

You can try this out if you like.

To get rid of any conditional formating on your selected cell use:
Selection.FormatConditions.Delete

To add a conditional format, use something like this:
Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlCellValue, Operator:=fOperator,
Formula1:=fFormula1, Formula2:=fFormula2

To get to a certain condition (I think there can be up to 3) and
change the settings use something like:
Selection.FormatConditions(1).Font.Bold = False
or
Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 15

Of course you can replace "Selection" with a Range or Cell if you like.

Hope that helps,

-JK