Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Method 'SaveAs' fails

Hi,

I generate a csv file through macros and try to save them in the use
specified directory. It works fine in UK machines. But my collegue i
TOKYO gets 'mathod saveas failed' error.

I've checked the file names and path names are correct.

Can anyone help me out. Let me know if any further details ar
required.

Thanks in advance

mtpsures

--
mtpsures
mtpsuresh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3181

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have the same problem trying to save to paths on the network that contain
Chinese characters from my English Windows2K/Excel2K.
I found the easiest way to deal with it was use .SaveCopyAs instead. You
then need to open this copy if you want to continue working with it.
I guess it's some error with the Unicode in the .saveAs method, as .Save on
a WB with a "foreign" language path or .SaveCopyAs work fine.
I suppose you could investigate using a byte array and managing the
file/path yourself, but .saveCopyAs is sufficient for me.

NickHK

"mtpsuresh" wrote
in message ...

Hi,

I generate a csv file through macros and try to save them in the user
specified directory. It works fine in UK machines. But my collegue in
TOKYO gets 'mathod saveas failed' error.

I've checked the file names and path names are correct.

Can anyone help me out. Let me know if any further details are
required.

Thanks in advance

mtpsuresh

--