Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I suppress warnings when following Hyperlinks

I have a macro, which follows the hyperlinks in a worksheet.
Excel displays a warning about the dangers of opening files, if the files
are not on my PC.
Is there any way to suppress these messages and avoid having to click on OK
several hundred times? Preferably without changing security levels.
Thanks in advance.
--
Steve Franks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve,

Have you tried:

application.displayalerts = false

NOt sure if that over-rides these kinds of security warnings though. If
it does, be sure to switch the alerts back on afterwards with:

application.displayalerts = true

Probably won't work but worth a shot.

Cheers
Joe

--
LFCFan
LFCFan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37484

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The only other way I could think of achieving this is to shell t
command (wscript) and have it run an outside vbscript for you whic
presses the buttons for you using a timer and sendkeys (obviously cod
halts inside excel while a dialog box is showing). So it would look
bit like this:

sub speculative()

set wsObj = createobject("wscript.shell")
wsObj.run("c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe /c wscript c:\press_buttons.vbs")
Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=True

end sub

Then in the vbscript:

sub pressButtons()

set bpObj = createobject("wscript.shell")
bpObj.appactivate("My_Workbook_Name")
bpObj.sendkeys "My_button_presses_here"

end sub

Pure speculation, none of this tested!