Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy a worksheet throws "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC."

Hi,
While iam trying to copy a worksheet from one file to another file in C#,
VS.NET 2003 i get error message saying: "Exception from HRESULT:
0x800A03EC."

The Exact Code i used is:
Excel.Application xlApp1 = new Excel.ApplicationClass();
Excel.Application xlApp2 = new Excel.ApplicationClass();
object missing = Type.Missing;

xlApp1.Workbooks.Open(System.Windows.Forms.Applica tion.StartupPath +
@"\Reports.xls" ,
missing , missing, missing, missing, missing,missing, missing, missing,
missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing);
xlApp2.Workbooks.Open(System.Windows.Forms.Applica tion.StartupPath +
@"\Template.xls" ,
missing , missing, missing, missing, missing,missing, missing, missing,
missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing);

Excel.Workbook xlSrcBook;
Excel.Workbook xlDestBook;

xlSrcBook = xlApp2.ActiveWorkbook as Workbook;
xlDestBook = xlApp1.ActiveWorkbook as Workbook;

try
{
(xlSrcBook.Sheets[2] as
Worksheet).Copy(missing,xlDestBook.Sheets[xlDestBook.Sheets.Count]);
xlApp2.Visible = true;
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
MessageBox.Show(this,ex.Message);
}
finally
{
xlSrcBook.Saved = true;
xlDestBook.Saved = true;
xlSrcBook.Close(missing,missing,missing);
xlDestBook.Close(missing,missing,missing);
xlApp1.Quit();
xlApp1 = null;
xlApp2.Quit();
xlApp2 = null;
}

Can someone please help me in finding out the mistake ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've never tried it in VB/VBA, but I'd be surprised if you can copy/move
worksheets between instances of Excel.
Open both workbook in the same instance and you should be OK.

NickHK

"i3tech" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you explain it please ?. Iam not getting it.
if you open in same instance then how will i get two different workbook
and their worksheets ?. ActiveWorkbook will give me only one workbook to
copy ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As Nick wrote you only require one instance of Excel. To get around
your activeworkbook problem, set the reference when you open the
workbook then open the new one: IE

appxl.workbooks.open ("Filename")
Book1 = Activeworkbook.name
appxl.workbooks.open ("Filename2")
Book2 = Activeworkbook.name

This should then reference the correct books. You can then use
appxl.Windows(Book1).activate to move back to workbook one etc.

James