Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Origin of Immediate Window messages

At some time during the past few months, and since building a new machine,
after starting Excel (Excel 2002 SP3), certain output has been appearing in the
Immediate Window of the VBA Editor.

This did not appear on my old machine.

The appearance of these lines seems to occur if and only if atpvbaen.xls is in
the project list. This project will appear if it is either selected explicitly
as an add-in from Excel (Analysis Toolpak - VBA), or if there are references to
this in another project.

Any suggestions as to how keep this from happening? It's probably not a
functional issue, but I find it annoying.

Thanks.

--Ron

Contents of Immediate Window after normal startup
[auto_open] <
[SetupFunctionIDs] <
[SetupFunctionIDs]
[PickPlatform] <
[PickPlatform]
[VerifyOpen] <
[VerifyOpen] 1
[RegisterFunctionIDs] <
[RegisterFunctionIDs]
[auto_open]
---------------------------------------

Contents after <shift startup
---------------------------------
[auto_open] <
[SetupFunctionIDs] <
[SetupFunctionIDs]
[PickPlatform] <
[PickPlatform]
[VerifyOpen] <
[VerifyOpen] WorkbookName = [ATPVBAEN.XLA]REG
[VerifyOpen] AnalysisPath = C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office10\Library\Analysis\ 2
[RegisterFunctionIDs] <
[RegisterFunctionIDs]
[auto_open]
-----------------------------------

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks as if whoever designed the code left some Debug.Print
statements intact rather than commenting them out when the final
product was shipped. I doubt anything can be done short of crack the
Password and edit the code itself.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just looked and there are about 18 Debug.Print statements in the module.
Try... Wildebeest!!
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Mark"

wrote in message
It looks as if whoever designed the code left some Debug.Print
statements intact rather than commenting them out when the final
product was shipped. I doubt anything can be done short of crack the
Password and edit the code itself.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

These are Debug statements left in by the developers of a that addin by
mistake.
Not much you can you do about it.

NickHK

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:08:20 -0700, "Jim Cone" wrote:

I just looked and there are about 18 Debug.Print statements in the module.
Try... Wildebeest!!

Jim,

Thank you. I commented them out and all is well.

Best wishes,

--ron