Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to pass active workbook to external DLL?

I need to send a reference(?) to active workbook to external DLL. The
DLL is
written in VB6. In the external DLL I'll be updating this workbook.
Sample code is provided below:

Here is excel macro code:
Sub test3()
Dim TC As ClassA
Dim wbCodeBook As Workbook
Set TC = New ClassA
Set wbCodeBook = ThisWorkbook
TC.GetCellA1(wbCodeBook)
Set TC = Nothing
End Sub

Below is provided my VB6 code (this sub is part of CalssA):
Public Sub GetCellA1(locWB As Workbook)
Dim CellValue As String
CellValue = locWB.Worksheets(1).Range("A1")
MsgBox "Cell A1 = " + CellValue, "FROM DLL"
End Sub

It fails on the line TC.GetCellA1(wbCodeBook). The error message says:
"#438: Object doesn't support this property or method."

Please help

--
MarkDev
MarkDev's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35572