Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB Control Focus

Hi,
I'd like to use a VB control to manage diplaying a jpg image over an
embedded chart when a data symbol on a chart is selected. You already helped
me figure out how to trap chart events so I have that squared away. I'd like
the control to maintain focus over the chart even when the chart (or series
point) is selected. When I use the "Picture" control, the chart takes focus
precedence over the control when selected. I'm not married to the picture
control and am willing to use any. I like a control however because I can
simply change the path to the new image file rather than doing an
"insert-picture" type routine, then making sure to delete the image when
other data points are selected. Any ideas welcome.

Thanks much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you use a chart sheet instead of embedding on the worksheet, this will
not happen.
However, if that is not an option, I suppose you could get the chart object
selected in the event and immediately activate the image control.
Then continue with chart code.
Between ScreenUpdating=false/true line, the flicker/effect may be
acceptable.

NickHK