Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default When does the Workbook_Open event occur?

Hello all,

We have some large workbooks that can take quite a bit of time to calculate when they are opened, if they don't lock up Excel. The
problem is if we have other unsaved workbooks open when we open one of these AND it crashes Excel, we lose the changes made to these
other workbooks.

I was wondering if the Workbook_Open event occurs before the sheet starts to calculate? If I put code in this event to turn off
Automatic Calculation, will it keep Excel from calculating?

--
Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Conan

Look here

Set calculation to manual in the large books and save them

See also this site
http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin