Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel gone out of memory

System: WinXP Home; Excel 2000 pro

I'm using a vba macro to import ascii code from files into a xls sheet.
The macro works good, but if more data is imported the excel gets out
of memory. I'm not over the 65536 rows and 255 coloums (i make new
sheets before this happens).

my question is: is it possible to save data on a sheet, and get the
information on that sheet out of the system memory?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any of this apply:
http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm

NickHK

"pinkyundbrain2000"
groups.com...
System: WinXP Home; Excel 2000 pro

I'm using a vba macro to import ascii code from files into a xls sheet.
The macro works good, but if more data is imported the excel gets out
of memory. I'm not over the 65536 rows and 255 coloums (i make new
sheets before this happens).

my question is: is it possible to save data on a sheet, and get the
information on that sheet out of the system memory?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is a link to an excellent resource on Memory Limits in Excel. Perhaps
there is something in here to answer your question.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"pinkyundbrain2000" wrote:

System: WinXP Home; Excel 2000 pro

I'm using a vba macro to import ascii code from files into a xls sheet.
The macro works good, but if more data is imported the excel gets out
of memory. I'm not over the 65536 rows and 255 coloums (i make new
sheets before this happens).

my question is: is it possible to save data on a sheet, and get the
information on that sheet out of the system memory?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the fast answer. It is not what I was hopping to find but it
is a start

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried saving the spreadsheet part way through the import. That could
free up some memory. Other than that try monitoring the task manager while
the import is occuring to see what kind of memory is being used. You can also
use application.FreeMemory to have Excel monitor it's memroy and use that to
determine if you need to save or take some other course of action...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson