Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find all cells with "A" and add the values of the adjacent cell to give a total.

Hi again,
Here is how my worksheet is set up...

Sheet 2 - User Sheet

1 Fixture ID Fixture Mode No Chan DMX Universe
DMX Address
2 - Robe - Mode 1 - 20
- A - "VALUE"
3 - Robe - Mode 2 - 22
- B - "VALUE"
4 - Robe - Mode 3 - 33
- A - "VALUE"
5 - Robe - Mode 4 - 45
- B - "VALUE"
2 - Robe - Mode 5 - 54
- B - "VALUE"
3 - Vari - Mode 1 - 24
- C - "VALUE"
4 - Vari - Mode 2 - 28
- B - "VALUE"

Let me explain what "VALUE" Is, each of the fixtures uses a number of
differant control chanels in various modes (No Chan). Each DMX universe can
have a maximum of 512 control chanels used and we can have up to 8 labled A -
H. This sheet is normaly created starting with the fixture so all of one type
would be entered onto the sheet followed by the next type. They are however
allocated to differant DMX universes, I need if possible to work out what the
DMX Address would be for each fixture as I add them to the sheet for example..
..

1 Fixture ID Fixture Mode No Chan DMX Universe
DMX Address
2 - Robe - Mode 1 - 20
- A - 1
3 - Robe - Mode 2 - 25
- B - 1
4 - Robe - Mode 3 - 30
- A - 21
5 - Robe - Mode 4 - 40
- B - 26
2 - Robe - Mode 5 - 50
- B - 66
3 - Vari - Mode 1 - 15
- A - 51
4 - Vari - Mode 2 - 20
- B - 116

Just to make it complicated I can also need some way of knowing if when i add
a fixture the number of control channels it will need does not exceed 512.
for example if my last fixtures Start Address is 480 and it uses 21 control
channels it would take the folowing channels inclusive 480 - 501 so my next
avalible start address would be 502 leaving me 11 control channels on that
universe, If i try to add another fixture that uses more than 11 control
channels I need to know in some was, possibley conditional formatting?

I have no idea where to start with this or if it is possible, or if I make
sense?

I hope you can help

Many Thanks Lee