Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I enter a "Y" in a cell and have it return a "YES"? How?

I am creating a spreadsheet where i have to enter information into a cell.
Instead of having to type the whole word "YES", I would like to be able to
enter just the letter "Y" or say the number "1" and have it display the word
"YES". This would save me great amounts of time. Is this possible to do?
If so, how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assumed is that you want this behavior to occur in column B. Paste to the
worksheet's class module: Right click the worksheet tab Select View Code
Paste to the code module.

With Target
If .Count 1 Or .Column < 2 Then Exit Sub
If LCase(Trim(.Value)) = "y" Or _
LCase(Trim(.Value)) = "yes" Then
.Value = "Yes"
End If
End With

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, If you have the "Allow AutoComplete for cell values" option enabled
then you will only have to fully type the first "Yes" and firsst "No".
After that "Y" + Enter will give "Yes" and "N" + Enter will give "No".

Go Tools|Options|Edit then make sure that option is ticked|OK

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry. I forgot to disable EnableEvents. Should be:

With Target
If .Count 1 Or .Column < 2 Then Exit Sub
If LCase(Trim(.Value)) = "y" Or _
LCase(Trim(.Value)) = "yes" Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
.Value = "Yes"