Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Blanks in pivot tables

This is quite a difficult one to explain, but here goes.

I currently have a ODBC style worksheet set up which is a list of the
backups performed on our servers, the dates and the size of the backup. If
the backup fails then no data is produced/pulled through.

From this I have a pivot table which lists the dates in the row fields, the
server name in the column fields and the size of the backup in the data
field. From this pivot table I have charts set up showing the results
graphically.

The problem I am having is that when a buckup fails and doesn't bright
through any data the relevent area on the pivot table is blank and this is
then replicated on the graph, leaving gaps along the line.

Is it possible that when there is a blank in the pivot it reports the last
days results?

regards