Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Splitting Text Out of a Cell

I have to split the text below into separate fields. I can't use the
Text to Columns command b/c as you can see, the text changes from Cell
to Cell. Most of the text is carriage return delimited but b/c it's
not all the same type of data, I can't deal with it on a global basis.
I need to write an IF Function I think based on a condition that I
specify, but I don't know the syntax for this...help!!

Cell 1
Sari
Allegro Palm
Belmont
Preserve at Temple Terrace

Cell 2
Developer's Sales Team
Realtor-Broker

--
gemispence
gemispence's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37113

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you show with your sample data what the splits would be and where
the data would be located after (what cells?).

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568981

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sure - I pasted the first 123 rows. There are many more rows, but this
should give you an idea of what the structure is. There are really two
types of data that I need to extract from this column and place into new
columns. Project Type and Agent. Prospect can stay where it is in this
column, which is ContactType. The project and Agent shouldn't even be
here. :) Thanks.

Allegro Palm
" Sari
Allegro Palm"