Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A macro to update links

I have a file (a) that has links to another file (b) which is in a
defined format.

Each month this file (b) is updated and renamed file (c) and it is now
this most current version of the file that file (a) needs to link to

Is there a macro that can be run to update link names?

I am quite a novice so would appreciate the code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Clare,

What kind of links do you have from file a to file b?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the question

Currently the link is a cell saying

='S:\FILE\Finance\06 June\[0606MainSchedules FINAL.xls]I&E
Summary'!$P$10

(File b = [0606MainSchedules FINAL.xls])

I wanted to be able to write a macro that enables me to link to the
next months file automatically, so for month 7 it will be as below

='S:\FILE\Finance\07 July\[0706MainSchedules FINAL.xls]I&E
Summary'!$P$10

I had thought I would be able to require users to complete of 2 cells -
1 with the old link and 1 with the new link to be updated to & then run
a macro so change the links (these could be populated from a drop down
list)

Unfortunately I'm having trouble recording such a macro