Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compiling Computer Vision Research Data

Hello everybody,

I have quite the predicament on my hands with this research project I'm
working on. I'm doing a pilot computer-vision ergonomics study, and in
the process generating a TON of MS Excel files from a motion capture
program. I would like to create a macro which will compute the average,
standard deviation, max, and min from a specific set of columns (the
same ones in each document) and then put the rows generated from those
functions into one spread sheet. It would be really nice if I could run
that script automatically 9 times, taking 11 files at a time (arranged
by name) from one folder. Afterwards, I'll need to take those 9 files I
generated and put them each together with 29 other sets of 9 to get 9
master files for the whole study. Can it be done?

So far, we have run one person (out of 30) through the experiment and
generated 99 separate Excel workbooks from a motion capture software
and now I want to batch process them as described above. Each workbook
has 12 columns that I'm interested in putting together and averaging,
etc. (Columns B, C, & E-N). I want to put 11 workbooks together in to
one, and repeat that task for a total of 9 times.

The reason that I want to combine the files together into 9 composite
files by groups of 11 is this: The subject is performing three tasks in
1/2 an hour; each task generates 11 Excel workbooks, and they do three
sets to make (11 x 3)x 3 = 99. So in the end of the study, I would like
to average together each of the 9 tasks from all 30 of our subjects. I
hope this is enough information for you all to help me with this!

--
WoodyJI
WoodyJI's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37167