Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Buttons/1-add rows /2-auto save & name, close, send in email

Hi, Sorry my message is so long I just wanted to be as clear as possible.
This is my first attempt to create a Mileage tracking report for my company.
Because we are now going to track mileage between locations each day Each
days info will take 3 rows of data. I will need atleast 10, 3 row sections
(lets refer to as locations) per day. Our pay period is two weeks. So if the
spread sheet has 10 "locations" on each of those 10 days this could make the
spreadsheet huge and cause to print unnecessary blank area wasting paper. But
most inspectors are part-time and may only work a few of those 10 days, in
that case the buttons I need will reduce the size of the spreadsheet that is
needed to be used and printed. So what I need is an "add a day" button that
will add a space to enter a date and then make the button appear to "add a
location". At this time they will click the "add a location" button and that
will show the data entry area 3 rows for that one location visited. They can
continue to click to add locations until they have reached the number of
locations inspected for that day, not usually more than 10-12 in a day. The
totals of the info will be at the bottom of the page and the reimbursement
summary at the top and the print area will need to automatically adjust as
rows are added. Basically to only make the sheet as long as thereis data to
enter. BTW, I'm not looking for someone to build the spreadhseet, just to
help with the macro buttons. :-) Part 2-Most of my 160 insectors, despite my
elementary instructions, can't get the Subject Line Naming Protocol correct.
So I will need a button that, once the form is complete, they click "save and
email" button and it will save the form as their: Last Name, First name
Period Ending Date MTR, close it, attach it to an email (regardless of if
they use outo=look, hotmail, yahoo etc. and insert the name that it was saved
as into the Subject Line and automatically send to a specific email address.
The Save As info wil come from inside the report the inspector will enter his
name and the Period ending date and then the letters MTR will be
automatically inserted. The reason the Subject Line naming is sooo important
is that the inbox it will go to gets about 300-500 emails per day and if
every email for this report had the letters "MTR" in the subject I can easily
do a search to extract them, once extracted and put into a new folder, I can
see from the date which period it is for and lastly if their last name is the
first item in the subject line I can sort by subject and it will
automatically Alphabetize them for me to print thus, saving me alot of time.
Currenty the inspectors "can't get it" so I'm out to make my own life easier
so I don't have to spend 16-18 hours every other Friday night sorting through
this crap. Please help with the macro programming!