Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protecting Worksheet Tabs

Is there a way to protect worksheet tabs so users cannot rename them?

I'd really appreciate any help with this.
Thanks, - Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can protect the workbook... If that is not an option then (i assume the
issue is with code crashing when sheets are renamed) you can change your code
to reference the sheets by code name instead of tab name. End users can not
change code names (without getting into the code). Depending on how may
macro's you have this could be a fair bit of work and a bit of a departure
for you... If you wnat some help with this then just reply back...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Dan N" wrote:

Is there a way to protect worksheet tabs so users cannot rename them?

I'd really appreciate any help with this.
Thanks, - Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

I protected the workbook and all the macro, userform, commandbutton, and
data validation code is working fine. Thank you so much for your help and
quick response! It really got me out of a jam. You guys are awesome!!!

- Dan