Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default OWC11/Excel Column formatting

Hello!

I crossposted this in the OWC group but I was hoping to get a faster
reply here.

I am programtically importing a DataTable into a Workbook using OWC11
and I'm having a problem because the default mode of column formatting
is "General". My problematic column's cells have significant leading
and trailing zeroes that are stripped off when the General Format is
applied to them. These cells occasionally contain letters, so some sort

of custom Numeric formatting does not appear to apply here. The proper
format for these cells is Text.

Example:
00.12340 gets imported as 0.1234

Berefore I add the data to the cells, I would like to set this column's

format to Text, but I do not know how to do this using the OWC11
inteface. I have the Sheet, Range, Cellsm and all the other standard
Excel objects at my fingertips but don't know how to get it done.

Could someone please show me how to do this? Sample code and/or links
will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time!