Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find Values and Return Data

On my worksheet "Edit" I have a text box "tbFindName", a command button
"cbFindName", 3 text boxes "tbName", "tbNumber", "tbStatus" and a command
button "cbEdit". I also have a sheet "Data" that contains the values.

I need cbFindName to take the value in tbFindName, search the "Data"
worksheet
and return the corresponding values in the corresponding columns and rows
into tbName, tbNumber, and tbStatus.

Then if changes are made to the text box values (tbNumber is constant) I
need cbEdit to find the value in tbNumber, search for the corresponding
record (each record is in its own row and the record is made up of 3 columns
A:C) in "Data" and update the correct row of information in "Data".

Name is Data column A
Number is Data column B
Status is Data column C

Your help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My previous post may have been confusing (at least to myself)

Basically I have 2 sheets "Edit" and "Data"

The "Data" sheet looks like this

Name Number Status
Mark 564 Active
John 231 Inactive
Bill 789 Active

If a user types John into a textbox("tbfindname") in the sheet "Edit" and
clicks a command button("CBFindName") I would like my 3 other text boxes
tbname, tbnumber and tbstatus to display John, 231, and Inactive.

After that if the user changes John's status to Active I would need another
command button that would change the "Data" sheet to reflect the change in
the textbox.

Name Number Status
Mark 564 Active
John 231 Active
Bill 789 Active

Please Help!

"Qaspec" wrote:

On my worksheet "Edit" I have a text box "tbFindName", a command button
"cbFindName", 3 text boxes "tbName", "tbNumber", "tbStatus" and a command
button "cbEdit". I also have a sheet "Data" that contains the values.

I need cbFindName to take the value in tbFindName, search the "Data"
worksheet
and return the corresponding values in the corresponding columns and rows
into tbName, tbNumber, and tbStatus.

Then if changes are made to the text box values (tbNumber is constant) I
need cbEdit to find the value in tbNumber, search for the corresponding
record (each record is in its own row and the record is made up of 3 columns
A:C) in "Data" and update the correct row of information in "Data".

Name is Data column A
Number is Data column B
Status is Data column C