Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Exporting Data from Excel Form to HTML Page

I have a macro which is used to submit data from a form, save a copy of
the file to a designated network location & also email the file to an
assigned individual.

I need more transparency on all these forms submitted & so I now want
to be able to export certain fields from this form to an HTML file upon
execution of this macro.

The two main areas I'm struggling with a
1.) Exporting the form input fields; none of the data I'm exporting is
in a simple row or column. How do I loop to find all the named ranges
and export them?

2.) Each time a user uses the form & submits the data - it must not
overwrite existing data. I want each file submitted to be stored in a
seperate
row on the html page.

Many thanks in advance to those who can help.
All comments welcome.

hyper

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim nm as Name, rng as Range
for each nm in thisworkbook.Names
set rng = Nothing
on error resume Next
set rng = nm.ReferstoRange
On error goto 0
if not rng is nothing then
' do what
end if
Next

But is seems more likely you would know the names and want to do something
particular with each name

namelist = Array("A","B","C","D")
for i = lbound(namelist) to ubound(namelist)
set rng = Range(namelist(i))
select case namelist(i)
case "A","C"

case "B","D"

end select
Next

an html file is just a text file that includes tags that are meaningful to
the software reading the html file. You can write such a file with low level
file io.

You could write your data to a database and have an html page that reads and
displays that database.

I am sure there are other ways as well.

Tom Ogilvy