Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application-defined or object-defined error (worksheet, range, sel

hi everybody,

sorry for the messy code, but i have the famous "Application-defined or
object-defined error" problem with the 2nd line
(Worksheets("DIFF").Columns(CommonColInd, NegCol).Select)

NegCol = CommonColInd + 1
Worksheets("DIFF").Columns(CommonColInd, NegCol).Select
Selection.ClearContents
Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

Here CommonColInd is incremented in a loop and the value is 25 when I have
the error. (The thing that I am looking for is in the 25th column, when I
find it I want to clear the contents of those two columns. I have more than
one worksheets)

Any ideas, comments?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I need the whole code
but why do you select, why don't you:

With Worksheets("DIFF").Columns(CommonColInd, NegCol)
Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
ClearContents
End With

--
Kaak
Kaak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7513

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

a small addition:

when i use .Select i see this message. in other parts of the code i use
Worksheets("DIFF").Columns(CommonColInd, NegCol) with different functions and
it doesn't give the error.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application-defined or object-defined error (worksheet, range,

I tried using With, but it is the same.

Below is a wider segment of the code (Full code is really messy and lots of
other things are done, that's why i don't want to paste it here). As you will
see in the code, I commented out another section of the code assumably
because of the same reason.

BomColInd = 1
BomRowInd = 2
ColEnd = False

CommonColInd = 1
CommonRowInd = 1
CommonFound = False
Exxit = False

Do
If (Worksheets("DIFF").Cells(CommonRowInd, CommonColInd).Value =
"Common") Then
NegCol = CommonColInd + 1
With Worksheets("DIFF").Columns(CommonColInd, NegCol)
.ClearContents
.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
End With
Worksheets("DIFF").Cells(CommonRowInd, CommonColInd).Value = "Common"
CommonRowInd = CommonRowInd + 1
CommonFound = True
Exxit = True
Else:
If (Worksheets("DIFF").Cells(CommonRowInd, CommonColInd).Value = "")
Then
CommonFound = False
Exxit = True
Else:
CommonColInd = CommonColInd + 2

Loop Until (Exxit)

If (CommonFound = False) Then
Worksheets("DIFF").Cells(CommonRowInd, CommonColInd).Value = "Common"
'Worksheets("DIFF").Range(Cells(CommonRowInd, CommonColInd),
Cells(CommonRowInd, CommonColInd + 1)).Select
Worksheets("DIFF").Rows(1).Font.Bold = True
'Worksheets("DIFF").Columns(CommonColInd).Select
' With Selection
' .HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral
' .VerticalAlignment = xlCenter
' .WrapText = False
' End With
'Worksheets("DIFF").Range(Cells(CommonRowInd, CommonColInd),
Cells(CommonRowInd + 1, CommonColInd)).Select
'Selection.Merge
CommonRowInd = CommonRowInd + 1
End If

Does it help?
darxoul

"Kaak" wrote:

I think I need the whole code
but why do you select, why don't you:

With Worksheets("DIFF").Columns(CommonColInd, NegCol)
.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
.ClearContents
End With

--
Kaak
Kaak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7513
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567361

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I solved it this way:

With Worksheets("FARKLAR").Columns(CommonColInd)
.ClearContents
.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
End With
With Worksheets("FARKLAR").Columns(CommonColInd + 1)
.ClearContents
.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
End With

Separated the clumns. It works, but I don't know why :)