Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Match data to find intersection

Can anyone help? In SheetA I have a date in ColA, name in ColB, hours in
ColC. In SheetB I have a table of dates and names. I need to find the
intersection in this table of the date and name from SheetA and place the
hours in that cell. I have a list of names in SheetA so I need to loop
through that checking for an intersection in SheetB of name and date. If
there is no intersection (the name doesn't exist in SheetB) I need to add a
new row for that name. I've tried using match, intersection, and index but
can't seem to get anything to work just right!