Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Challenge - Help - Move Data to New Worksheets w/totals and timestamps

I need some help accomplishing the following task with a macro.

There is a master worksheet which contains many different projects and
some accounting entries for each project. Throughout, there are
seemingly random rows including totals. All rows with the same project
name are not necessarily grouped together but are spread throughout
column B.

For now the columns are as follows:

A: Region
B: Project Name
C: Donor Name

and then more columns follow.

What I want the maco to accomplish is to ask the user for a column from
which to choose a common denominator (likely region, project, or donor
but a new column will likely be added). After the user selects the
column I want new worksheets to be created for each unique value in the
column chosen (and have a copy of the headings and formatting from the
master sheet). Then I want it to copy all rows with that value to the
similarly named worksheets, sort the rows by either region or donor
name, subtotal them, and provide a grand total for each sheet.

I would also like a time stamp for when the sheet was last updated at
the bottom or in a footer.

If the macro is run a second time and the sheets already exist with
those same names from running the macro a previous time, I want the
existing sheets to be overwritten with the new data.

I know this sounds complex to me but I feel like during my research
there seem to be macro's that can accomplish what I want, I just have
no idea how to piece them together and make the finished product.

Thanks for all the help,

Yaakov