Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Something embarrassing with ADODB

Hi,
I am using ADODB in a VBA Excel application to get data in a closed Excel
workbook, in order to avoid to open it, while another working workbook is
open. ADO requires to open a connexion, each sheet with the proper format
could then possibly be a recordset or source of an SQL request.
It works perfectly ... however, when I close a recordset, the workbook keep
a "read only" status for a while; then, an alert message is issued by the
system if I try to reopen the same source too early after.
It is to be noted that it is independant of the "LockType" selected when
opening the recordset.
In fact, I'd like to remove the alert window and also to change if possible
the Lock status of the workbbok(ie. "read only" to "read/write") . If it is
not possible, I'd like, at least, to access to this status so to ask the
user to wait until automatic status change by windows and avoid the system
alert message. I would prefer to be able to manage myself the 'on hold'
situation.
I'm sorry, it looks a little bit complicated !
--
Jean-Pierre Bidon
Interstat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How are you closing/destroying your objects once finished ?

NickHk

"Jean-Pierre Bidon" wrote in message
[...]

Embarrassing question about lookup. Emil Excel Worksheet Functions 4 October 10th 08 10:34 AM
This is embarrassing - I lost my Macro recorder button! Jim Brass Excel Programming 1 January 5th 06 04:29 AM
ADODB SQL help Eric Excel Programming 1 August 4th 05 04:48 PM
Embarrassing Excel Macro Function Serge Excel Programming 3 December 28th 04 02:15 PM
ADODB Richard Mogy Excel Programming 3 May 6th 04 09:14 PM