Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add icon to toolbar

I want to (as part of my XLA addin in he XLStart folder) have an icon
appear automatically on the toolbar to run a function within that
project.

I am hoping to be able to present a single xla file to be copied in the
xlstart folder, that will basically keep the end users from doing
anything other then clicking on the icon it creates.

Any other information/suggestions/comments (outside the specific
question) is also very welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

just have the Workbook_Open event add a temporary button to the appropriate
toolbar.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=159619
XL97: Sample Macros for Customizing Menus and Submenus

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213550
XL2000: Sample Macros for Customizing Menus and Submenus

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

I want to (as part of my XLA addin in he XLStart folder) have an icon
appear automatically on the toolbar to run a function within that
project.

I am hoping to be able to present a single xla file to be copied in the
xlstart folder, that will basically keep the end users from doing
anything other then clicking on the icon it creates.

Any other information/suggestions/comments (outside the specific
question) is also very welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From what I have read, I figured it was along those lines, but not sure
how to go about it. I have only been using VB for about 4 weeks now.

I have tried making a workbook_open event, which led me into class
modules... but I am not getting something right. Even the link you
posted, is very vaque (or I am simply to dumb) about the full process.
Any information (particularly examples) would be appreciated.

" wrote:

I want to (as part of my XLA addin in he XLStart folder) have an icon
appear automatically on the toolbar to run a function within that
project.

I am hoping to be able to present a single xla file to be copied in the
xlstart folder, that will basically keep the end users from doing
anything other then clicking on the icon it creates.

Any other information/suggestions/comments (outside the specific
question) is also very welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ce04042002.asp

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
From what I have read, I figured it was along those lines, but not sure

" wrote:

I want to (as part of my XLA addin in he XLStart folder) have an icon
appear automatically on the toolbar to run a function within that
project.

I am hoping to be able to present a single xla file to be copied in the
xlstart folder, that will basically keep the end users from doing
anything other then clicking on the icon it creates.

Any other information/suggestions/comments (outside the specific
question) is also very welcome.

Toolbar Icon Size Rob Excel Programming 2 January 30th 05 07:48 PM
Customizing the toolbar Icon BigOil Excel Programming 3 November 27th 04 09:10 AM
Icon in toolbar Nick Excel Programming 1 February 16th 04 11:57 AM
Add Icon to Toolbar SS[_3_] Excel Programming 1 January 16th 04 09:07 PM
icon in menu toolbar roland Excel Programming 1 November 20th 03 01:29 PM