Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Probably a basic Addin question.

I have been developing a macro, with minimal (but growing) knowledge of
visual basic.

I found that if I piggy backed this into a PDFwriter 'macro' (turned
out to be a XLA addin). The macro I was creating would work on any
sheet I opened. This was great, exactly what I needed...

I really don't want to piggyback anymore though. I created my XLA, and
put it in the XLStart folder (like the PDF one was). And now any sheet
I open, my macro (or maybe project is a better word) is there in visual
basic. But the system does not seem to know about it, when I try to
run it, only gives me a create option.

What am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

how are you trying to run it. Are you using the correct workbook name (has
the name changed for XLS to XLA?).

I don't understand what a "create option" is.
Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

I have been developing a macro, with minimal (but growing) knowledge of
visual basic.

I found that if I piggy backed this into a PDFwriter 'macro' (turned
out to be a XLA addin). The macro I was creating would work on any
sheet I opened. This was great, exactly what I needed...

I really don't want to piggyback anymore though. I created my XLA, and
put it in the XLStart folder (like the PDF one was). And now any sheet
I open, my macro (or maybe project is a better word) is there in visual
basic. But the system does not seem to know about it, when I try to
run it, only gives me a create option.

What am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

oops I think I just realized what I did wrong. I named the module AND
the function the same thing. When I changed the names to be different
it is now working correctly.. at least as far as that problem.