Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Scheduler Excel error report

I wanted to test the feature of the windows scheduler if an excel program
runs too long that it will be shut down by windows. So I just scheduled an
existing excel book to be opened that was basically empty and just let it sit
open until the scheduler timed out.

Windows did shut excel down but a few seconds later excel popped up a window
indicating it had been shut down and wanted to send a report to microsoft.

This seems to only occur on the first time after the PC is started but is
there a way to turn this "feature" off" ?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have some options along this line at;

Control Panel|System|Advanced|Error Reporting

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"macroplay" wrote:
|I wanted to test the feature of the windows scheduler if an excel program
| runs too long that it will be shut down by windows. So I just scheduled an
| existing excel book to be opened that was basically empty and just let it
sit
| open until the scheduler timed out.
|
| Windows did shut excel down but a few seconds later excel popped up a
window
| indicating it had been shut down and wanted to send a report to microsoft.
|
| This seems to only occur on the first time after the PC is started but is
| there a way to turn this "feature" off" ?
|
| thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Dave.

john

"macroplay" wrote:
|I wanted to test the feature of the windows scheduler if an excel program
| runs too long that it will be shut down by windows. So I just scheduled an
| existing excel book to be opened that was basically empty and just let it
sit
| open until the scheduler timed out.
|
| Windows did shut excel down but a few seconds later excel popped up a
window
| indicating it had been shut down and wanted to send a report to microsoft.
|
| This seems to only occur on the first time after the PC is started but is
| there a way to turn this "feature" off" ?
|
| thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're welcome.

"macroplay" wrote:
| Thanks Dave.
|
| john

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

fyi... I tried disabling the error reporting as suggested but I still get the
errror report dialog windows popping up.

I tried adding execel.exe to the do not report list and then I tried
disabling all windows error reporting. Neither helped.

This isn't a huge problem as my program dows not run too long but I wasjust
interested in completeness of coding.

john

You're welcome.

"macroplay" wrote: