Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default turn off/on automatic calc upon open/close workbook?

I am giving up on my code ... it runs so damned slow with auto calc on and I
just don't know why. With calc set to manual and calc calls within the code,
all runs well. So ...

Could someone please tell me how I can turn calc to manual upon opening my
workbook and then turn it back to auto upon closing? I need the user to find
it seemless and not a hassle.

TIA
WD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Great, but how do I go about running that line of script upon opening the
workbook? How do I tell Excel to use manual calc for ONLY this workbook?
What if the user has another workbook open at the same time?

Thanks

"Die_Another_Day" wrote:

Die_Another_Day
wdeleo wrote:
I am giving up on my code ... it runs so damned slow with auto calc on and I
just don't know why. With calc set to manual and calc calls within the code,
all runs well. So ...

Could someone please tell me how I can turn calc to manual upon opening my
workbook and then turn it back to auto upon closing? I need the user to find
it seemless and not a hassle.

TIA
WD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.Calculation, by definition, is an application-wide setting, so
will affect all open workbooks. If that is a problem, just switch to manual
whilst your code is running:
With Application
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
'Your Code
.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End With

NickHK

"wdeleo" wrote in message
Great, but how do I go about running that line of script upon opening the
workbook? How do I tell Excel to use manual calc for ONLY this workbook?
What if the user has another workbook open at the same time?

Thanks

"Die_Another_Day" wrote:

Die_Another_Day