Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combining the cells data for cells with same name

1. Change data in the Offer $$ column the following way:
$20k to 20,000.00 (I want the thousands separator to appear in
my letters when the mail merge is complete)

2, The data is given by the individual lots and who owns them. Some
people in the list own more than one lot, so their name appears more
than once. If one person owns more than one lot, I would like to have
all the lots they own listed in one cell (LOT column) and the offer
price (Offer $$ column) to be updated/adjusted accordingly. So, each
persons name should only appear on the list once. If they own 3 lots
and the offer for each individual lot was 20,000.00 or 20k, the offer
should be updated to 60,000.00

See attahed folder

|Filename: My work.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5126 |

nik_gujarathi
nik_gujarathi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34522
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566245

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Macro in attached.

Sheet2 has consolidated data and Sheet3 copy of original Sheet2.

HTH

|Filename: Copy of My work.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5129 |

Toppers
Toppers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30076
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566245

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Toppers,
Thank you for the help.
The macro is working but the column (LOTS) does not get updated.
That is: - With the same name, all the Lot #'s should get displayed
I have shown a small example
Thank you
Nikhil

Bill & Mary Greenspan.......... ...Lots 27, 28, 29 and 30 80,000.0

--
nik_gujarath
nik_gujarathi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3452

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Amended file attached.

Note that I had to manually add the lot numbers to your mail merg
sheet and I removed the word "LOT". (See Sheet3

|Filename: Copy of My work.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5134

Topper
Toppers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3007