Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting Word data into Excel

I need to import field data from a number of Microsoft Word documents
into Excel with code, but am pretty much lost. Can anyone give me an
idea of how to go about doing that?

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Randy Harris
tech at promail dot com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Hi, Randy. I just posted some code for reading a Word document as an answer
to pikapika13, "Open Word and fetch specific data". Parts of this may or
may not work for your application.

I haven't done any work with Word field data, but I know you could open the
doc and get the data using objDoc.Fields(x).Result (where objDoc is your
Word document object and x is the index number of the field you need to
access).

HTH
Ed

"Randy Harris" wrote in message
I need to import field data from a number of Microsoft Word documents into
Excel with code, but am pretty much lost. Can anyone give me an idea of
how to go about doing that?

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Randy Harris
tech at promail dot com
I'm pretty sure I know everything that I can remember.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

* Ed:
[...]

Thanks Ed, I think that will be a LOT of help.