Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lookup arrayvalue in list

Hi,

I have tried to look around on the net for this question, but i found
no solutions straight away, so i figured i would ask the clever people
here!

I have two arrays C(j) and CP(i,j), in which country codes are stored
in the first, and the corresponding values for the sector(i) and
country(j) is stored in the second. I.e. sector i and country j would
return example: "Some sector", C(j)= "USA",CI(i,j)= 13 % . Now i would
like to match C(j) with a list stored in another array or a named range
in a spreadsheet and if the country is part of the subregion, the
percentage should sum into a variable Subregion1 f.x. I was thinking of
using index(match), but i am not sure how.
F.x somthing like:

For i = 1 to NumberofSectors
For j = 1 to NumberofCountries
IF Index(match.....C(j).......Subregion)) = True' I dont know
index formula
sumsubregion = sumsubregion + CI(i,j)
End IF
Next i

Will this work and can i use the index function? Thank you in advance!

--
erikhs
erikhs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32788