Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform Search

I'm relatively new to VBA and am probably trying to run before I ca
walk but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me figure it all out.

I have a workbook with 4 different sheets, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delt
and in each sheet there are 5 different columns, Account Number, Name
Status (Stopped / Off Stop), Date Placed on Stop, Date Taken Off Stop

I have created a userform for entering new data. In this Userform
have a ComboBox for the sheet names, a TextBox for the Account Number
a ComboBox for the Status, a TextBox for Name, a TextBox for the Place
on Stop Date and a TextBox for the Taken Off Stop Date.

I have part of my Userform entry working. When "Stopped" is selected i
the ComboBox the information is inserted into a new row in the relevan
sheet.

What I can't get to work is:
When "Off Stop" is selected I want it to search, in the relevant sheet
for the Account Number that was entered in the TextBox in the Userform
I don't want it to do anything with the account number it finds bu
rather replace "Stopped", that is in the same record and in the Statu
Column, with "Off Stop". I also want it to insert the date that wa
entered in the "Taken Off Stop" TextBox in the Userform, into the "Dat
Taken Off Stop" column , and then I want it to cut the entire row an
paste it in row 4.

Is this possible? And can anyone give me a head start

--
HelenMcKenzi
HelenMcKenzie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3669

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe that your answered your own question!

--
raypayette

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565944

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure I know what you mean!!

I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work for me but I
don't seem to be getting anywhere. If you don't want to point me in the
right direction, maybe you could just tell me if it is actually possible
to do this so that I don't continue my search in vain.

I'm really hoping you can be of some help.

Regards,
Helen

--
HelenMcKenzie
HelenMcKenzie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36691

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am trying to help you, but programming UDFs with many controls i
complicated. I can recommend the Visual Basic Black Book that explai
in detail exactly what to do for all of these forms and controls. I
isn't very complicated, but it is long and tedious

--
raypayett

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2956
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56594

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am trying to help you, but programming UDFs with many controls i
complicated. I can recommend the Visual Basic Black Book that explai
in detail exactly what to do for all of these forms and controls. It i
long and tedious