Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default accept input and move active cell?

Totally new to macros and VBA, but may need then to accomplish a task.

Need to direct data entry into specific cell locations in Excel 2000.
Already have unlocked cells and protected worksheet. Need to find a way to do
something like this:
go to B2 on open sheet
accept data entry
Go to C4, accept data
Go to E4, accept input
and so and so on

I used the record macro process, but I can't find a way to cause the macro
to pause for input, between the go to commands. Therefore the result is that
It goes straight to the ending location!

I know it's do-able, just don't understand how! Any and all pointers
appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Already have unlocked cells and protected worksheet. Need to find a way to do
something like this:
go to B2 on open sheet
accept data entry
Go to C4, accept data
Go to E4, accept input
and so and so on

Hi Hester,

it will better if you post you recorded macro ...

Halim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

'Try this, place the code in the sheet module, view it by right click
'at sheets tab and choose "view code" :

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Dim InputData As String
Application.Goto Reference:=Range("B2") ' go to B2 on open sheet
'accept data entry
Application.Goto Reference:=Range("C4") 'Go to C4, accept data
InputData = InputBox("Promt to input", "Please input your data",
"")
Range("E4").Value = InputData 'Retrieve InputData value to range E4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I received a syntax error during the complie process so I
don't know where this leaves me.

Thanks again for theresponse