Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Validation List

I currently have two data validation list referenced against the days of
the month.

When the main list is changed, data within the worksheet is changed to
reflect that day.

I need the second list to automatically default to 7 days prior when
the 1st list is changed. I still need for the user to be able to
change the second list; however, when ever the 1st list is changes, the
second list will again automatically default to 7 days prior.

Thanks for any help.

-ep

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33809

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Same question as before, just 7 days ago, 7 days ago to that date, or
something else?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"edwardpestian"
wrote in message
news:edwardpestian.2bmy38_1154056511.3068@excelfor um-nospam.com...

I currently have two data validation list referenced against the days of
the month.

When the main list is changed, data within the worksheet is changed to
reflect that day.

I need the second list to automatically default to 7 days prior when
the 1st list is changed. I still need for the user to be able to
change the second list; however, when ever the 1st list is changes, the
second list will again automatically default to 7 days prior.

Thanks for any help.

-ep

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565876

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob.

7 days prior to the date selected. For example the user will select
the date in cell U4. I then need the cell S7 to change to 7 days prior
to the date selected in cell U4. The user could still go and select a
different date in cell S7, but as soon as they changed the date in U4
again, S7 would default back to U4 - 7.

Thanks.

ep

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33809
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565876

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Then use a custom allow type with a formula of

=A2-7

where A2 is the other DV.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"edwardpestian"
wrote in message
news:edwardpestian.2bn9w1_1154071804.2139@excelfor um-nospam.com...

Hi Bob.

7 days prior to the date selected. For example the user will select
the date in cell U4. I then need the cell S7 to change to 7 days prior
to the date selected in cell U4. The user could still go and select a
different date in cell S7, but as soon as they changed the date in U4
again, S7 would default back to U4 - 7.

Thanks.

ep

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565876

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using a custom allow type does allow me to change the date in the
secondary validation list, but it does not default back to U4-7 when
date in U4 is changed. Also, it doesn't provide a drop down menu with
the days of the month.

Thanks again.

-ep

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33809
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565876

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, I clearly didn't fully understand.

The best I think you can do is to create another cell with a formula =A2-7 ,
where A2 is the first DV, and then use a custom type of list with a formula
of A2, and then on the Error Alert tab, uncheck the Show error checkbox.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

news:edwardpestian.2bnb1o_1154073309.4781@excelfor um-nospam.com...