Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Timing Excel computations

Hi,

I'm trying to crunch a pretty large set of numbers and once I fire up
the function the spreadsheet takes up to 3-4 minutes to finish running.

I want to write the time taken from start to finish to a cell.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Schiz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

You can use:
Sub GetTime()

T1 = Timer

'You code here

T2 = Timer
TEnd = T2 - T1
MsgBox TEnd

End Sub

Rgds,
Halim

Schizoid Man menuliskan:
Hi,

I'm trying to crunch a pretty large set of numbers and once I fire up
the function the spreadsheet takes up to 3-4 minutes to finish running.

I want to write the time taken from start to finish to a cell.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Schiz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ,

You can change MSgBox TEnd to:

Range("A1") = TEnd

Rgds,

Halim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:
Hi ,

You can change MSgBox TEnd to:

Range("A1") = TEnd

Rgds,

Halim

Another thing - I am going to use this code is a very expensive function
that I am entering in with a matrix enter combo.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Single

demo'd from the immediate window

? typename(timer)
Single

Tom Ogilvy

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message
wrote:
Hi,

You can use:
Sub GetTime()

T1 = Timer

'You code here

T2 = Timer
TEnd = T2 - T1
MsgBox TEnd

End Sub

Rgds,
Halim

Hi Halim,

Thanks for the input. What variable type should I dim T1 as? I'm not a big
fan of using variants.

Thanks,
Schiz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Zoid,

Maybe you have to post your current macro or function
you wish to get the ending time, so someone else can
take a time to read them ...

Thanks,

Halim

Schizoid Man menuliskan: