Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Searching for closest matches using wildcards or range.find

Thanks very much for the help Ed. I think I would like to explore your
advice on using range.find...I'm just not sure how to go about doing
that. Like I said, I am still in the learning process and that is one
area of VBA that I haven't explored. Unfortunately, I don't find the
help files found in excel and vba very helpful.
Could anyone please try to advise me on using range.find to accomplish
what I'm trying to accomplish?
Here is what I would like to do(the simplified version). I have a
textbox and a command button on a worksheet. When the user types in a
particular word, found in a list on another sheet, I would like the
attached macro to return all of the closest matches. So if the user
typed in poetry, and accidently spelled it wrong, when they click the
"search" command button it will check the list where the entry is
supposed to be contained and find one or more matches that are close.
This will then be populated into a listbox that they can choose from.

I would be very elated if I could get this to work. Thank you
Kevin