Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save Command Button Help!

I am trying to create a command button that is attached to a macro tha
will allow the user to save the worksheet that prompts the user for
specified file name. Or automatically save the worksheet as a fiel
name title. Currently this is the code I have:
Private Sub SaveButton_Click()

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\MYoung\Desktop\h&h VALVE\"
Range("Company:"), _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
End Sub

or
Sub Save()
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\MYoung\Desktop\h&h VALVE\"
Range("Company:"), _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
End Sub

the top is code I just applied to the command button to try it, and th
bottom is the code for the macro.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this. Thank you in advance

--
EnG
EnGo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3686

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Les Les is offline

You want to determine the filename prior to saving the workbook.
Use the GetSaveAsFilename method.

For example:

Dim defaultName As String
Dim myFileName As String

defaultName = Range("Company")

myFileName = Application _
.GetSaveAsFilename(defaultName, "Excel Workbook (*.xls), *.xls", , _
"Save a new version of the workbook")

If myFileName < "False" Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=myFileName
End If

I would suggest that you drop the default directory and let the user decide.
I do not think that you can set it easily in VBA.

Hope this helps steer you the right way.
--
Les Torchia-Wells

"EnGo" wrote:

I am trying to create a command button that is attached to a macro that
will allow the user to save the worksheet that prompts the user for a
specified file name. Or automatically save the worksheet as a field
name title. Currently this is the code I have:
Private Sub SaveButton_Click()

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\MYoung\Desktop\h&h VALVE\" &
Range("Company:"), _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
End Sub

or
Sub Save()
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\MYoung\Desktop\h&h VALVE\" &
Range("Company:"), _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
End Sub

the top is code I just applied to the command button to try it, and the

EnGo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36863
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565763