Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MErge everything all colums into one

I have a worksheet with many columns. I want to take the content of all
the columns and put it in just one column , lets say A. How can i go
about doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Merge columns into one column

I'm fairly new at this and it's a steep learning curve - there are no
doubt more elegent ways to do this.. but if you have a limited number
of columns that you need to work with and you know the columns in
advance, this will do the trick...

Sub merge()
Dim somestring As String
Dim somestring2 As String
Dim somestring3 As String
Dim mergedstring As String

somestring = Range("b1").Value
somestring2 = Range("c1").Value
somestring3 = Range("d1").Value

mergedstring = somestring & " " & somestring2 & " " & somestring3
Range("a1").Value = mergedstring

HTH

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In Cell A2 put the formula:

=B2 & C2 & D2 & E2 ..... etc.

and all the data will be concatenated. If you want some delimiter you
can use this formula:

Then copy that formula down for the number of rows you have. If you
want it then to be values copy Column A and Paste Special Values in
Column A.

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768