Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Listbox selection

Hi, I have a listbox on a worksheet. When a user selects an item in the
listbox I perform an bunch of routines that updates the worksheet based on
the selection.

The problem is that the selected item only appears highlighted when I change
to another worksheet and then return. Switching worksheets has to be a manual
process for this to work; plus I want all the other worksheets hidden.

I have checked and the process does not repeat. I have tried a work-around
by storing the listbox.listindex before running any routine and then setting
the listbox.listindex to the stored value. I have tried using
application.screenupdating=true. No joy with any of these.

So any ideas why I need to use a manual move away and then return to
worksheet to see a highlighted selected item in the list? Any ideas to
resolve this so that users are not confused about their selection?

Many thanks,
Jonathan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't say that I have experienced it, but you could try this in your
routines

activecell.Activate

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jonathan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jonathan,

Try putting

DoEvents

in the code before activating the worksheet / cell

Regards

Michael Beckinsale