Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Emailing a Filtered Range w/ MailEnvelope

I've successfully used the MailEnvelope property to prepare emails that will
send a range (once the user reviews the data, personalizes the introduction,
etc.) within a spreadsheet but now find myself having to deal with a twist.
The data is filtered, so some rows of the selected range are hidden and
should not be viewable by the mail recipient. When emailed using
MailEnvelope I found that the hidden rows become unhidden when the recipient
replies. Presorting is not an option. I considered copying just the desired
data to a separate sheet and sending it, but then how do I get rid of this
extra sheet automatically (I don't know of an event that triggers when you
hit Send under these conditions).

Any ideas for emailing this filtered data using MailEnvelope?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use this roadkill
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"roadkill" wrote in message ...
I've successfully used the MailEnvelope property to prepare emails that will
send a range (once the user reviews the data, personalizes the introduction,
etc.) within a spreadsheet but now find myself having to deal with a twist.
The data is filtered, so some rows of the selected range are hidden and
should not be viewable by the mail recipient. When emailed using
MailEnvelope I found that the hidden rows become unhidden when the recipient
replies. Presorting is not an option. I considered copying just the desired
data to a separate sheet and sending it, but then how do I get rid of this
extra sheet automatically (I don't know of an event that triggers when you
hit Send under these conditions).

Any ideas for emailing this filtered data using MailEnvelope?

how do I automate emailing filtered data Jenny Smit Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 17th 08 09:03 AM
MailEnvelope John Excel Programming 0 June 8th 06 08:07 PM
Method 'MailEnvelope' of object '_Worksheet' failed [email protected] Excel Programming 1 December 7th 05 02:23 PM
traversing through a filtered range based on another filtered range zestpt[_4_] Excel Programming 4 July 12th 04 06:37 PM
using MailEnvelope keepitcool Excel Programming 0 July 28th 03 09:51 PM