Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Automation - Gridlines

I am trying to manipulate an Excel file from within Access. When the
file is printed out I want either gridlines or to turn gridlines off.
What I'm getting is some columns have gridlines off and most have them
on.

My code is below, does anyone have any ideas?

Here's the code having to do with formating the sheet which is created
one line ahead with an outputto statement:

Set oApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set oExcel = oApp.Workbooks.Open(Filename:=mPathAndFile)

oApp.Visible = False
oApp.DisplayAlerts = False
oExcel.Worksheets("compliance export qry").Activate

With oExcel.Worksheets("compliance export qry").Columns

..Columns("A:S").AutoFit

End With

'set cells white

Columns("A:V").Select

With Selection.Interior
..ColorIndex = 2
..Pattern = xlSolid
..PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic

End With

With oExcel.Worksheets("compliance export qry").PageSetup
..Zoom = False
..FitToPagesTall = 1000
..FitToPagesWide = 1
..Orientation = xlLandscape
..PrintGridlines = False
..PrintTitleRows = "A1:S1"
'.LeftHeader =
..CenterHeader = "&14" & pFilename & "&10"
'.RightHeader =
..LeftFooter = "Report Created &D &T"
'.CenterFooter =
..RightFooter = "Page &P of &N"

..LeftMargin = oApp.InchesToPoints(0.25)
..RightMargin = oApp.InchesToPoints(0.25)
..TopMargin = oApp.InchesToPoints(0.75)
..BottomMargin = oApp.InchesToPoints(0.5)
..HeaderMargin = oApp.InchesToPoints(0.5)
..FooterMargin = oApp.InchesToPoints(0.25)

End With

With oExcel.Worksheets("compliance export qry").Range("A1:S1")

..Font.ColorIndex = 1
..Font.Bold = True

End With

Set oSheet = Nothing 'disconnect from the Worksheet
oExcel.Close SaveChanges:=True 'Save (and disconnect from) the
Workbook

Set oExcel = Nothing
oApp.Quit 'Close (and disconnect from) Excel
Set oApp = Nothing

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

think you need to understand the difference between gridlines and borders.
Gridlines turns off gridlines (there are either on or off for the entire
sheet), but do not affect borders. Your code applies borders to A:V. So
modify the code to remove those borders.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have tried it without:

Columns("A:V").Select

With Selection.Interior
..ColorIndex = 2
..Pattern = xlSolid
..PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic

End With

with gridlines set to either true or false and get the same result when
I try to print or do a page preview.

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

removing the code doesn't discount the possibility that the borders were
already present on the worksheet.

Before printing try adding lines like
With Activesheet.Cells
.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlEdgeRight).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlInsideVertical).LineStyle = xlNone
.Borders(xlInsideHorizontal).LineStyle = xlNone
End with

Tom Ogilvy