Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2007 Beta 2 thinks our Excel 2003 workbooks are corrupted

Our product automates Excel 2003 to create workbooks. Each workbook contains
a signed macro and a pivot table. Our customers are beginning to test our
workbooks using Excel 2007. When a customer opens one of our generated
workbooks using Excel 2007, then Excel 2007 reports that the workbook is
corrupted and it offers to try to fix the problem. After the workbook is
fixed, our customer can open the workbook. However, Excel then reports that
the workbook has been modified since having been signed. So the macro (which
is critical) cannot run unless the user turns off macro security entirely.

Our product also creates some workbooks that include macros but do not
include pivot tables. In that case Excel 2007 does not report a corruption
problem. But it does report that the workbook has been modified -- and the
user still must turn off macro security to allow the macros to run.

The fact that Excel 2007 thinks that the Excel 2003 file is corrupted seems
like an Excel 2007 bug. I would appreciate any assistance in determining a
workaround.

The fact that Excel 2007 won't run our signed macros with macro security
turned on is also a major problem for us.

Thanks!
Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Larry,

Can you send me an example file that hasn't been fixed yet by Excel
2007? I'll take it up with Microsoft to see what's going on here. You
can get my email address from my website.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"lkrakauer" wrote in message
:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Larry

I have had some problems with signed workbooks between before, when, and
only when, two Excel versions were up and running simoultaneously. The last
crash was so damaging that I promised myself "never to sign anything again"
and never use version 2003 for anything but playing and testing. So maybe
this is a more general problem than a 2007 bug. (And at least your files
don't get totally corrupted, so I'd say 2007 is a huge improvement ;-)

Best wishes Harald

"lkrakauer" skrev i melding