Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform, Find and Replace - Really Complicated

I'm relatively new to VBA and am probably trying to run before I ca
walk but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me figure it all out.

I have a workbook with 4 different sheets, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delt
and in each sheet there are 5 different columns, Account Number, Name
Status (Stopped / Off Stop), Date Placed on Stop, Date Taken Off Stop.

I have created a userform for entering new data. In this Userform
have a ComboBox for the sheet names, a TextBox for the Account Number
a ComboBox for the Status, a TextBox for Name, a TextBox for the Place
on Stop Date and a TextBox for the Taken Off Stop Date.

I have part of my Userform entry working. When "Stopped" is selecte
in the ComboBox the information is inserted into a new row in th
relevant sheet.

What I can't get to work is:
When "Off Stop" is selected I want it to search, in the relevant sheet
for the Account Number that was entered in the TextBox in the Userform
I don't want it to do anything with the account number it finds bu
rather replace "Stopped", that is in the same record and in the Statu
Column, with "Off Stop". I also want it to insert the date that wa
entered in the "Taken Off Stop" TextBox in the Userform, into the "Dat
Taken Off Stop" column , and then I want it to cut the entire row an
paste it in row 4.

Is this possible? And how do I go about it

--
HelenMcKenzi
HelenMcKenzie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3669