Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ShemeColor Shape/Group

Hello,
I want to change the view of shapes and groups. For individual shapes
get no error message, for groups I get the error that access is denie
for getting the colorfill of the group. What should I do?

Sub ShapeStatusChange()
Dim dashStat As MsoLineDashStyle
Dim colorStat As Integer
'On Error GoTo ShapeStatusChange_err
For Each sh In ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange
dashStat = Selection.ShapeRange.Line.DashStyle
colorStat = Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor
'dash==line==yellow==red==dash
If dashStat = msoLineDash Then
end i

--
Zur
Zurn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1464

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I expect you have mixed colours in your group object. Some mixed formats
return -2 but mixed colours returns Null.

Suggest declare colorStat As Variant
If IsNull(colorStat) then colorStat = -2 ' for consistency

Apart from this I don't think your code does as intended. In the loop you
are always returning formats of the same entire selection.

For Each sh In ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange
dashStat = Selection.ShapeRange.Line.DashStyle

For Each sh In ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange
dashStat = sh.Line.DashStyle

Better also to declare sh as Shape

Regards,
Peter T

"Zurn" wrote in message

Hello,
I want to change the view of shapes and groups. For individual shapes I
get no error message, for groups I get the error that access is denied
for getting the colorfill of the group. What should I do?

Sub ShapeStatusChange()
Dim dashStat As MsoLineDashStyle
Dim colorStat As Integer
'On Error GoTo ShapeStatusChange_err
For Each sh In ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange
dashStat = Selection.ShapeRange.Line.DashStyle
colorStat = Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor
'dash==line==yellow==red==dash
If dashStat = msoLineDash Then
end if

--