Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default long text string

Could someone please help me with this..

I am trying to write a simple telephone script....I would use word, bu
the script will eventually reference formulas...so i thought excel woul
work.....

This is what I have....The problem I am having is that I am trying t
go to the next line so I can see everything and it is givin
errors....i am using the blank space and the _ to go to the next lin
and it won't work....Does VBA have word wrap?.....

Dim introScript as string
Dim clientFirstName as string
Dim additionalCash as currency

clientFirstName = frmStep3.txtFirstName.value
additionCash = frmStep3.txtAdditionalCash.value

introScript = "Hi " & clientFirstName & " this is Josh from ABC Co
how are you? Based on your information, you are requesting "
additionalCash & " is this correct?"

......The script is much longer....is there anyway to put this so i
can be on multipe lines in the VBA editor...when i use the blank spac
and _ character is gives me errors....Also, does anyone know if ther
are any templates for telephone scripts?....

...thanks for any help

Jos

--
jhahe
jhahes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2359

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why dont you store/edit/maintain the strings in Excel cells,
and have your code read them from there?

insert "placeholders" for your variables..

For each rngRow in rngClientTable.Rows

s= Range("introscript").Value
s= replace (s,"%clientfirstname%", txtFirstName.Text)
s= replace (s,"%additionalcash%", txtAdditionalCash.Text)

instroscript=s

Capisce?

--
keepITcool

jhahes wrote in

Could someone please help me with this..

I am trying to write a simple telephone script....I would use word,
but the script will eventually reference formulas...so i thought
excel would work.....

This is what I have....The problem I am having is that I am trying to
go to the next line so I can see everything and it is giving
errors....i am using the blank space and the _ to go to the next line
and it won't work....Does VBA have word wrap?.....

Dim introScript as string
Dim clientFirstName as string
Dim additionalCash as currency

clientFirstName = frmStep3.txtFirstName.value
additionCash = frmStep3.txtAdditionalCash.value

introScript = "Hi " & clientFirstName & " this is Josh from ABC Co,
how are you? Based on your information, you are requesting " &
additionalCash & " is this correct?"

.....The script is much longer....is there anyway to put this so it
can be on multipe lines in the VBA editor...when i use the blank space
and _ character is gives me errors....Also, does anyone know if there
are any templates for telephone scripts?....

..thanks for any help

Josh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

introScript = "Hi " & clientFirstName & " this is Josh from ABC Co, " & _
"how are you? " & vbNewLine & _
"Based on your information, you are requesting " & _
additionalCash & ". Is this correct?"

demo'd from the immediate window:

clientFirstName = "Jim Bob"
additionalCash = "$1,000,000"
introScript = "Hi " & clientFirstName & " this is Josh from ABC Co, " & _
"how are you? " & vbNewLine & _
"Based on your information, you are requesting " & _
additionalCash & ". Is this correct?"
? introScript
Hi Jim Bob this is Josh from ABC Co, how are you?
Based on your information, you are requesting $1,000,000. Is this correct?

Tom Ogilvy

"jhahes" wrote in
message ...

[...]

jhahes's Profile: