Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jk jk is offline

Default Copy Paste overides data validation

Hello,

The data validation response i received on my intial posting worked when you
manually key in the same value preventing duplication but when i tried to
copy and paste the same value it ignored data validation and allowed a
duplicate entry. I need something that will worked weather manually keying or
copy and paste to prevent duplicates. Does this require VB or macro use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

look for paste special
using paste special u can retain validation setting of
a sheet on which u are pasting.....selecting values only
--
hemu