Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default arranging multiple custom menus

How does excel determine which menu item is first, which is last, and how the
inbetweens are arranged.
I now have 5 custom menus (4 made with JWalks Menumaker). All my custom
menus are just to the left of "Help". However, if possible, I need to group
these menus, by the way they are used together ( 1 group of 3, 1 group of 2).
Is this possible? How? I'm positive I have read something about this a
long time ago, but can't find a thing now.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Specify the Before argument when you create the menu item.

Dim Ctrl As CommandBarControl
Set Ctrl = Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls.Add( _
Type:=msoControlPopup, befo=4, temporary:=True)
Ctrl.Caption = "My Menu"

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"BEEJAY" wrote in message
How does excel determine which menu item is first, which is
last, and how the
inbetweens are arranged.
I now have 5 custom menus (4 made with JWalks Menumaker). All
my custom
menus are just to the left of "Help". However, if possible, I
need to group
these menus, by the way they are used together ( 1 group of 3,
1 group of 2).
Is this possible? How? I'm positive I have read something
about this a
long time ago, but can't find a thing now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip: I changed ONE of the codes to the # 4. when I exited and reopened Excel,
It was in the fourth Menu Item on the list. Aha! Now I've got it.
I changed the respective codes to # 10, # 11, # 12 and # 13.
Close Excel, Open Excel
# 10 is in # 9 Position
# 11 is in # 11
# 12 is in # 14
# 13 is in # 13

Help is not on the end anymore - Its in # 12 position.
Obviously I'm missing something. I did more web searches and checked my
"bibles", but can't find a thing about how this is supposed to work.l
Would you be so kind as to advise? or direct me?
Thank-you

"BEEJAY" wrote in message
How does excel determine which menu item is first, which is
last, and how the
inbetweens are arranged.
I now have 5 custom menus (4 made with JWalks Menumaker). All
my custom
menus are just to the left of "Help". However, if possible, I
need to group
these menus, by the way they are used together ( 1 group of 3,
1 group of 2).
Is this possible? How? I'm positive I have read something
about this a
long time ago, but can't find a thing now.

Custom FaceID's for Custom Menus triaz[_4_] Excel Programming 2 March 1st 06 10:34 AM
Custom menus Stephen[_21_] Excel Programming 3 February 13th 05 07:25 PM
Custom faces for custom menus/commandbars Stu Valentine Excel Programming 1 September 17th 04 04:28 AM
Custom menus Lee Excel Programming 4 November 12th 03 11:53 PM
Custom Menus Andy Wiggins[_2_] Excel Programming 0 September 19th 03 06:10 AM