Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date format when using Text Input Wizard and recording a macro

I'm using Text Input Wizard to import a 'fixed width' text file into Excel.
At Step 3 of 3, I change the 'Column Data Format' (specifically 'Date:YMD').
It works ok, but my objective is to get the whole process to work in a
macro. Everything works, except the macro doesn't import the date in the
format I recorded.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave H.