Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Binding Service Account to VB code in Macros

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to bind a service account to my VB scripting so that the
Macros are run with rights of the service account.

Can anyone help me how to achieve this ?

thanks in advance.

Vamsi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick and All,

I am trying to automate the account admin process on Network Servers.

When any admin runs the macros, the macro should be run with the
service account credentials rather than with the admin's username and
password.

The service account would have rights to do certain high level
activities.

Can this service account be embedded in code so that by default the
code is run with service account username and password.?

thanks
Vamsi

"Vamsi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to bind a service account to my VB scripting so that the
Macros are run with rights of the service account.

Can anyone help me how to achieve this ?

thanks in advance.

Vamsi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Vamsi,
If you talking about macros, they have be run in a container, in this case
Excel. Account credential is not a concern for the macro as it inside its
host.

You need to look at running Excel from within the correct account.

NickHK

ps.com...

"Vamsi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to bind a service account to my VB scripting so that the
Macros are run with rights of the service account.

Can anyone help me how to achieve this ?

thanks in advance.

Vamsi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

right Nick.

but my macros do some accout creations/modificaitons on the servers. So
the users should have the rights to act on the accounts on servers to
successfully run the macros.
if the users dont have rights on the server, the macro fails.

So I am trying to bind a service account which has rights on the
servers.

thanks for your help.

Vamsi